Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Beauty of Blogs...

I never thought of myself as a writer and a person to express my opinions, but the internet does very strange things.  I consider myself as more of a conservative person who tends to not make his voice none unless the situation calls for it.  When I got out of college, I was all wide eyed and gun-ho about working for a big chain.  The thought in my head was that I can start off as a staff then move up in the ranks and maybe even one day being a DM or something.  Then year after year of working my tail off and engaging with my customers and helping out my local community, I realized it didn't matter how hard you worked and loved you were by the community and those you served.  It was all about the numbers and the area you work in.  It's all about those 2 or 3 people who don't understand how a pharmacy works and are upset by your service who always seem to call and get a survey receipt.  Oh, and they are usually all on anti-depressants and anti-psychotics.

I love reading the blogs because for a time, I thought I was the only one out there who felt the way I did.  The only therapy I had was to call the PIC of the closest store and gripe with him.  I thought that maybe it was just the area I worked in.  Then I discovered the internet blogs and saw it was a worldwide problem, from California to Montana to the United Kingdom.

My goal is to have an outlet to spew my thoughts and to maybe show a fellow pharmacists that they are not alone.  And once in awhile show the random customer that stumbles into my website and show that we do a lot more than just count pills and put them in bottles.  And I also want to give a shoutout to all those other bloggers that do what they do and provide me some much needed laughter and inspiration to get me through my day.  Check them out on my reading list to the right.

No comments:

Post a Comment