Wednesday, April 17, 2013

I Love My Job...

I recently went through and read my blog and I've come to see that it may seem as I hate my job.  I'm sure there are people out there reading saying "Why don't you just get a new career?"  Well, it's because I love my job.  I couldn't imagine myself anything other than a pharmacist (maybe other than a professional baseball player).

I remember as a young one, going with my mother to the local pharmacy and feeling like it was a store that had all that I ever wanted.  There was cool pens, little keychains, trapper keepers, small gifts, and best of all, loads of candy.  It wasn't until later that I learned what the pharmacy was actually there for.  And I was fascinated by the concept of taking a pill and it working throughout the body and actually find the purpose it was intended for.  When I was in high school, I finally got my first job as a pharmacy tech.  I worked in an independent store and my experience there validated my desire to become a pharmacist.  I worked as I saw people come in day after day and get their medications, all the while answering the countless questions people asked.  Back in those days, the profession of pharmacy was ranked #1 as the most trusted professional year after year.

Now, as a pharmacist, I live for helping people.  I enjoy filling scripts and making sure everything is in line.  I also enjoy the consultations most of all.  I'm honored that people come and ask me questions and consider me an expert in what I do.  In my mind I always think of the saying that if you love what you do, then you will never work a day in your life.  I feel that as a pharmacist, I haven't worked a day yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment