Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Seriously?!


So this happened to me the other day. It was just a regular day and the pharmacy, people coming in, thousands of phone calls, my stomach growling, you know, the usual. Then the most unusual character comes up to the consultation area.
I call him unusual because he was dressed in shorts, tshirt, and flip flops. It’s still winter and he looks like he’s ready for the beach. He’s got a plastic bag in his one hand and reaches out his other to shake mine. I shake because I don’t want to leave him hanging and we begin our conversation.
Customer: “I was wondering if you could help me with something and ask you a question”
Me: “Sure, ask me two if you’d like”
Customer: “My girl took a pregnancy test and I was wondering if you could tell me about it”
Me: “Tell you something about it, well, what it does is read the hormone levels in her urine and lets her know if she’s pregnant”
C: “No, I know all that”
Then he reaches into the bag he was carrying and pulls out the freaking stick. He then tries to hand it to me.
C: “Does this mean she’s pregnant”
After taking a step back out of disgust, I look and tell him that yes, she is pregnant. I chose my words wisely, and didn’t say congratulations because judging by the look on his face, he definitely was not expecting this.
So he leaves and during some down time, I remembered he shook my hand and handles the test with the same one. After throwing up in my mouth a little, I quickly pump about half the hand sanitzer in my hand and proceed to clean.
Seriously?! Some people just don’t have proper brain function.

No comments:

Post a Comment